Thursday, May 31, 2012

The May Garden


 My garden is blooming and growing. As a gardener, May has the most promise... everything looks beautiful and fresh... August is sort of depressing.... So hot.
 
Here was the plan this year:

 

And here is how it looks now…..





The flowers are taking hold.




The cabbage and zinnias are living in harmony.




Tomatoes are growing…..



Staked and ready for a full bounty of summer's harvest!!
 



We will have to do some sever harvesting of herbs…. They are overgrowing… but I have a plan….





I left last year's leeks go to seed... I love the allium blooms from the leeks. 




Poppies around the birdbath.... 





Salvia between the tomatoes.




 And my love, delphiniums.... I can't wait to see the garden full of delphiniums in a year or two.




Look at the sweet peas.




I moved the bird bath to make room for the bottle tree and the birds are happy….



Everything looks beautiful, we are very happy with the addition of flowers. I am off to the farmer’s market to get some additional veggies….



2 comments:

  1. I have garden envy!!! I love your hinged trellis (at least it looks like one to me). I need to get something like that for my cukes!
    We should compare garden notes!!!!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I love the additions this year! As a beginning gardener, I am already thinking about next year... love the idea of the flowers. Thinking we are going to have to expand our garden next year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia