Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Breakfast


Okay Dad's, time to put on your aprons and whip up Mom a fancy breakfast in bed. After all, she will do the same for you in another month. But I have an easy breakfast tray that will make you a hero in her book. 

Start with a pretty tray,




Yellow gingham placemat and napkin.




A silver cup of daisies and don't forget a cute bell for her to ring. I found this crystal one at a yard sale for a dollar.... It was dirty but look how pretty!!




She will want some tea, so a pretty pot and cup. 

 

And a stack of dishes. You know she won't be eating alone. The kids always curled up in my bed for Mother's Day.




Continue the theme with a teapot napkin ring




And a pretty sugar spoon with a teapot on it. 



 

Now, here is where you really win the award.... A simple but beautiful presentation of her breakfast that you whipped up yourself.



Start with a crepe, eggs and awesome ham. You can find them at the grocery store around where they sell the strawberries.


Place on a baking sheet, that you have lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.


Next top with a piece of ham.

 

Lastly carefully crack an egg onto the ham.

 


Quickly but carefully, fold the crepe up onto the egg, it will look like this. I added salt and pepper. 




Make some extra for the kids.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until the egg sets.

Sprinkle with parsley and you have a wonderfully complicated looking dish that was so easy and delicious.




 You will win Father of the Year!! I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch with her fabulous blog and all the beautiful tables.


4 comments:

  1. What a delightful meal Cynthia. BTW, I have the same set of silverware that was passed down to me by my hubby's Aunt. She bought it right after WWII.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he takes your advise. He would win kudus if he does. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Not only a pretty table, but great, easy food that looks yummie. Think I'll leave one of your photos "just laying around" for someone to see and get some ideas. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I would love to be surprised with this pretty tray and yummy breakfast in bed on Sunday! Maybe I should send a link to your post to my husband. . . .

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia