Friday, May 18, 2012

Strawberry Bread


I have posted this recipe before but since strawberries are right around the corner.... I thought it deserved another look. It is absolutely delicious and you will be the hit of any party or event you take it to.





In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon.    

Make a well into the center of the dry ingredients.

Add oil and well beaten eggs.

Carefully mix the wet into the dry ingredients until just barely wet.

Fold in strawberries and chopped nuts. My children don't like the nuts so I always leave them out.

Place into two buttered and floured loaf pans.




Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Let cool and remove from pans.

Don't you love strawberries? I love this ceramic strawberry basket. It is so pretty in the fridge filled with fresh berries.






Strawberry Bread

3 c flour
1 t. salt
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. oil
1 t. baking soda
2 t cinnamon
4 eggs, well beaten
1 c. chopped nuts
2 c. thawed sliced strawberries, drained
Save juice and add water to make 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia