Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Lavender Garden Party



Lavender is everywhere in my garden and flower beds. Don’t you just love the smell of lavender? Well, I thought what better time to have the girls for lunch outside and gift them with some lavender?





I decided to fill small galvanized buckets with lavender plants… for each guest.

 
I then took a plant marker and painted it with chalkboard paint… adding their name as a place card.

 

Pottery Barn Chargers under my white plates. I entertain outside with dinner plates… no plastic and no paper. I found these inexpensive white plates at yardsales. They are pennies for each one. I don’t have to worry about them matching or breaking. 

 


White linen napkins with a grapevine wreath as a napkin ring and some lavender from my garden. 



Recently at Pottery Barn, they had linen napkins with a four inch ruffle around the bottom. Oh I fell in love but they did not have a tablecloth… only a table runner. So rather than leave those lovely napkins behind… I made the napkins and a tablecloth to match. I put an 8 inch ruffle around the tablecloth and a 4 inch ruffle around the napkins. Another
tutorial to follow on a later date.  

 

The tablecloth and napkins are so lovely and bring a soft elegance to the table. 

 The Napolean Bee flatware reminds us of the importance of bees in the garden. Also it looks so pretty.




Wicker glasses and hurricane lanterns continue the summer theme.
Let me tell you, setting a white table with a bucket of dirt is very challenging…. You have to be very careful!!



Lavender, looking up at my Wisteria…




I hope my guests had a fun time... and will plant the Lavender in their yards. 




I enjoyed setting this wonderful summer table with wonderful friends. 


 

 I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.  She has such a wonderful party every Thursday... come join and have fun and get inspired.


Sources:
Table Linens: I sewed with white Linen
Chargers: Pottery Barn
Plates: Who knows… white plates from Yard Sales
Flatware: Napoleon Bee
Glasses: Home Goods
Salt and Pepper: Southern Market
Buckets: Home Depot.
Hurricane Lanterns: Home Goods

10 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful as I sing in my head ~~ I went to a garden party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table and how clever -- love the chalk paint on the popsicle sticks for place cards (I may steal that idea!) Don't you just love the lavender days -- I'm always sorry to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a refreshing and gorgeous outdoor summertime tablescape! Any guest would feel totally blessed to sit at such a beautiful table with such a clever and thoughtful hostess.

    Well done, truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I wish I could sew!!!!! I love what you did with the napkins and tablecloth! It reminds me of the "petticoats" we used to wear back in the day! :-) Great idea for the place card markers! I'm sure your friends were quite impressed and honored that you prepared such a pretty table for them with such wonderfully feminine details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your napkins.. great that you were able to make it all yourself. Did you use a serger for the gathers? Love the plant markers painted.. great idea.. All the earthy elements make this table so great.. including the lovely lavender plants.. be blessed, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I love this tablescape...clean and fresh and of course the beautiful lavendar!! Thanks for linking up and sharing this with us.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sets so smartly and very summer:ey...

    Love your idea of the zink buckets.

    Enjoy your day and have a blissful w/end.

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty table, and what a nice gift of lavender for the guests to take home.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the touches of wicker with the lavender. A wonderful tablescape :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely table setup, unique and charming. I love the tablecloth most especially. :D

    --------
    rental of chair covers

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia