Thursday, June 07, 2012

Baby Shower


One of my best friend's lovely daughter is having a baby girl. And I was honored to give her a baby shower. So I tried to give her the prettiest baby shower possible. 

Two years ago, I saw this stork. It was love at first sight. He is beautiful and so appropriate for a dignified baby shower. 


With the stork in mind, my daughter and I set out to find the prettiest stork items we could find. 

I had made cookies for her wedding favor so I wanted to make a pretty cookie for the baby shower.




I even put little ruffles on the stork's tail.




We topped the favor bag with the same stork from the invitation.




The stork over sees the food table, covered with a polka dot tablecloth and highlighted with baby pom poms.



Above the dessert table, we added five onesies in different patterns for decoration. My little pregnant lady had the ribbon from her sorority, as she had a bunch of her sorority sisters attending the shower. 




The tea sandwiches were cut out with a onesie cookie cutter to tie in both tables. This simple step added some much fun to the table.





My New Plate Display, a big find at World Market.




Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Mini-Croissants are always a hit.



I used candle votive, thoroughly washed… trust me, as containers for the veggies. Ranch dressing was placed in the bottom and the veggies on top.




Anything in a cloche looks so fancy, including cheese cubes.




I have quiches for the two tiered cake stand, I will highlight them later.



My attempt at pink macaroons. I will spend an entire blog on the failures of my macaroon baking.



All the guests could sit at tables, either in the dining room, with the pink polka dot tablecloth and cherry blossoms or in the kitchen at my new banquette.




We had the sweetest basket to hold her presents.

 



But the best part of the shower was the photo wall…..
I decorated one wall with wrapping paper and baby pom poms. I found three frames at a yardsale that were an awful gold. Add some Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint.... and how cute are these pictures. 

 One of the co-hostesses and the new momma to be.




Her Mother and her….






Her Mother-in-law and the momma to be




And the baby’s future boyfriend…. This was the only time this baby cried. He was an angel.





I hope she loved the shower. We loved giving her the shower.

Baby Shower Menu:

Lorraine Mini –Quiche
Bacon and Asparagus Mini-Quiche
Champagne Egg Salad Sandwiches
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Veggie Crudities
Cheese Ball and Crackers


Desserts:
Polka Dot Rose Cake
Pink Macaroons with Strawberry Filling
Fruit Kabobs
Chocolate Cake Balls 
I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch 
I hope she lets my party in… rather than a tablescape.

3 comments:

  1. Cynthia what an awesome baby shower...I love the photos at the end with them holding the frames...such a clever idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling ideas for a shower.. It turned out so cute. Love the stork myself. Great idea with the picture wall and using the inexpensive (I hope) votive cups for the veggies. Congrats! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! Cynthia you put together a truly special gathering. Love the onesie garland, stork cookies and those cute tea sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia