Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father’s Day Napkin Fold Tutorial


For my recent Father’s Day table, I wanted to try out a new Napkin Fold book that had the cutest shirt napkin fold. It looked very complicated but turned out to be very simple.




First you fold all corners into the center. 


Next turn the napkin and fold two sides to the center. 

 


Turn the napkin over and fold over about 1 inch of the top of the napkin. 

 

This fold now becomes the shirt collar. It won’t stay but trust me… it will work. 



Turn the napkin back over, and fold two flaps out about three quarters of the way from the bottom to the top. 

 

Press the napkin at each step…. The fold out will make the sleeves. Now the piece de resistance…. Fold the napkin in half towards the collar. Tuck the bottom of the napkin into the collar. The collar holds the napkin together beautifully. 


And how cute does it look on the table.  


I am joining Yvonne for her new party... Tips and Tutorials. 

5 comments:

  1. This is darling!!!
    Sweet sweet Summer Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the napkin fold! My husband does something very similar with dollar bills, and leaves them for a tip at the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute fold...thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia