Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Father's Day Table

My hubby has been such a great Father and we brought the family together to celebrate him and my son, a new Father, himself. 

I wanted to create a more  masculine table but knew the boys would not care how the table looked... boys.... 

How could they ignore such a pretty table? 




And the napkins.... folded like a man's shirt?





They couldn't. If I had known these napkins would have turned out so stinking cute, I would have made ties for them. 

I cut some hydrangeas out of the garden




And added the newest yard sale find.... Yes, $10 for a J Wilfred soup tureen... this is why I get up early on Fridays morning....




Add some blue glasses and the Mikasa French Country wine glasses. 




I love using the masculine herringbone flatware. 








Next week, I will show a tutorial on the napkin folds...



 But the collar is so cute 






And the sleeves... Oh my... I need my hubby to buy a tatersall shirt to match the table cloth and napkins. 




 I looked long and hard for blue and white plates that I could love... And these are so beautiful. I love the accent plates. Imagine them with green or red dinner plates.
 



 The blue and white dinner plate is elegant without being overly fussy. You could even use these plates  on a patterned tablecloth.





I found these Chinese salt bowls at a yard sale for $.50 a piece. You cannot imagine how much blue and white pieces I come across at yard sales.




I did break down and buy a beautiful salt and pepper shaker after seeing Yvonne's pretty ones.




I hope you enjoy my blue and white Father's Days table. I love to serve Ribs for dinner on Father's day but after I set the table... I made steak and hoped they would not make a mess.....




I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. She always has the most beautiful tables... and has been so kind to have a Tablescape party. The Style Sisters also have a party... and I am linking my table to show off the centepiece.


Sources:

Table Linens: William Sonoma
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: Johnson Brothers Devon Cottage
Flatware: Ralph Lauren Wainwright
Blue Glasses: Old World Pottery
Wine Glasses: Mikasa French Country
Salt and Pepper Shakers: Ebay
Vase: I have had for years.
Tureen: Yard Sale.... Yeah! J Wilfred









17 comments:

  1. Hi darling, oh my goodness, your napkins are so stinking cute!!! Your table is out of this world. Love the soup tureen what a steal. Your flatware is incredible. What a beautiful beautiful table. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blue and white table is calling my name. I love it! The J. Wilfred soup tureen makes my mouth water...it is spectacular. You've set a perfect Father's Day table...the napkins must have been a wonderful topic of conversation at the table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get outta here!!!!!! Just $10 for that tureen??!?!! What a deal!!!!!!! Hooray you!!!! I need to start getting my big hips outta bed on Friday mornings to scout some of these yard sales! Your flowers are just beautiful!!! Oh, how I wish I had hydrangea bushes in our yard!!! GREAT JOB on the napkins and excellent choice of flatware for the fellows! That's a gorgeous pattern. I have those same blue drinking glasses. My son's girlfriend gave them to me when she tired of them, but I have no idea who the maker is. Libbey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tablescape, and the napkin fold is really unique. Visiting from TT, I will be back for more visits. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors of blue and beautiful dishes! That napkin fold is precious!!,! Come link p to centerpiece Wednesday and share your ideas!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table! I'd naturally love it since blue is my all time favorite color in the world! What a wonderful way to celebrate such a special day. Thanks for including us in your awesome tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Ann,

      Thank you so much for your kind words. I love blue also.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  7. Pretty table using a "masculine" color (blue for baby boys, right?). My favorite is that flatware. I would LOVE to have it!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally am in awe of your gorgeous table. The tattersall tablecloth and napkins are so refreshing! Perfect with the hydrangeas and your pretty blue plates. Love your new urn too. It's so stately and sits there with a wonderful presence commanding attention from all! Love this table.. Hope y'all had the best of times.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely!!!
    Sweet Summer Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous presentation! I LOVE the napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Father's day table, and great pictures. The blue pops out in the dishes, hydrangeas, glasses and towels. Love the way you folded them to look like shirts. Thanks for sharing. Happy June. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is a stunning table for FAther's Day- and congrats to the new father, too!

    I adore your shirt fold napkins, how CUTE!!!

    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a huge case of dish envy right now!! I'm crushing on your blue dishes!!!! That napkin fold is soooo cute and your hydranggeas are beautiful Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything on the table is so adorable.this inspires me to do a blue scape.thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think I need to tag along with you for a fabulous find like this one. Love it and your table is outstanding. GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the blue and white!
    great job.
    d

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia