If you have ever made this Seven Layered Salad, you know that the recipe makes a lot and is not really a great salad on the second day. Everyone has been making salads in a jar… and I thought why not a layered salad?
The recipe divides into four quart jars. And each jar is enough for a single salad for dinner or two side salads.
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make. One week later, the salad was still perfect. You can take it on a picnic… or give it to a friend for dinner.
And besides.... it is so pretty. I am joining Yvonne's Tutorial and helping her start a new party... She is also having a giveaway... Very Exciting!!! Thank you for inviting me Yvonne.
Seven Layered Salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- In a large flat bowl, place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, broccoli and bacon.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and refrigerate until chilled.