Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Seven Layered Salad in a Jar



If you have ever made this Seven Layered Salad, you know that the recipe makes a lot and is not really a great salad on the second day. Everyone has been making salads in a jar… and I thought why not a layered salad?





The recipe divides into four quart jars. And each jar is enough for a single salad for dinner or two side salads.




Absolutely delicious and so easy to make. One week later, the salad was still perfect. You can take it on a picnic… or give it to a friend for dinner. 




And besides.... it is so pretty. I am joining Yvonne's Tutorial  and helping her start a new party... She is also having a giveaway... Very Exciting!!! Thank you for inviting me Yvonne.




Seven Layered Salad 

Ingredients
  • 1 pound bacon
  • 1 large head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
  • 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup chopped broccoli
  • 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
  2. In a large flat bowl, place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, broccoli and bacon.
  3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and refrigerate until chilled.



6 comments:

  1. LOVE this Cynthia!
    Your photographs are just gorgeous!
    I am hosting the first ever TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS at StoneGable... post goes live Wednesday 8:00 pm. This post full of great salad tips would be a perfect addition! Please join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, Cynthia! I love finding foods that work for picnics and this seems to be perfect! Plus, I love salad and trying different ingredients in them.

    visiting from Tutorials Tips and Tidbits : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining my blog. I love seven layer salad and you are so right about the second day. My recipe is almost identical to yours and I never realized that it would stay fresh longer this way. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute presentation! I love seven layer salad and now I'll have to try it in a jar! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen those salads all over pinterest and would love to try to make it for myself one day. I might try your yummy version! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    I'm visiting via Yvonne's tips and tutorials party and I have posted some blogging tips. Please pop by if you have a moment!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your salad!! Everything is better in a jar :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia