Friday, June 29, 2012

Yard Sale Finds #1




Over the years of yard saleing, I have found some wonderful treasures. As I look around my home, I realize that these treasures have given my home unique character. I love to get up on Friday Morning… yard sale list and cash in hand and search out items that will be treasured in my home. I like Friday mornings... less people and nicer yard sales.

Through the years, my daughter has also caught the yard sale fever… and now her home is being filled with treasures. 

So with that in mind, I thought I would share some of these treasures with you and hopefully inspire you to search out yard sales in your area and you would be amazed at what you find. 

My new garden chandelier... it was an ugly cream covered in spider webs and $5... after a thorough cleaning and hubby disconnecting all the electrical.. I sprayed it black with a can of Rustoleum and voila... How pretty is she? 


 
 I need to find candles to light her. 

Next find.... my birdhouse. I have coveted these types of houses forever. But at $300 that is alot of money to feed birds.... enter this birdhouse at a yard sale... pole and all $15. Umm.... yes please. 

It got another good scrubbing and a fresh coat of paint. So pretty for the birds and love the extra $285 for me...


Lastly, I shared this soup tureen with you last week but it is so pretty.... how can I ignore it this week. 

Sitting in the glistening sun all by itself.... $10 and it is now treasured in my home. 


Don't you want to go out with me today and see what you can find?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go with you today! I've never done garage sales and yard sales but that's one of the goals I have in this new house. I want it to look collected over time, not right out of Hobby Lobby!

    Love your chandelier and the other goodies too. There is a candolier in the PB catalog right now that is close to $200!! You did good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia