Thursday, July 26, 2012

Diner en Blanc


I have heard about white dinners or diner en blanc, and always wanted to make a white table outside. White linen is my favorite thing to wear in the summer.  It always looks cool. 

 Originally, I wanted to have this dinner when my Wisteria bloomed but this spring was so warm that it bloomed so much earlier than usual.  However, the dinner has to go on... I should have a white menu but no, I had a beautiful summer dinner. Menu at the end of the post.






I wanted an all white dinner. So instead of Wisteria... I have super wave white petunias in a yard sale urn.






My best friend bought me these beautiful wine glasses. They are plastic, no seriously, plastic. Of course from Pottery Barn. They really do outdoor dinnerware right. 




 These crown bowls hold Gazpacho for the guests.




About two months ago, I went to Pottery Barn and found these napkins. They also had a table runner. So pretty but I really wanted a tablecloth. My seamstress skills were called on again. The tablecloth has an 8 inch ruffle. I promise I will have a tutorial next Wednesday.


And the napkins have a four inch ruffle. Made with white linen. It is so delicate and soft.



I found some gold chargers at a yard sale and since I needed white ones..... primed and painted with Heirloom White spray paint.




A stack of white dishes... all yard sale finds, except the crown bowls.



I keep these in my outside Armoire.



My favorite ruffly flatware, Kate Spade.

 

A little birdie salt and pepper....
 

  The table was absolutely lovely, like I thought it might be... white wine, gazpacho, chicken wraps with a fruit salad and for dessert Lemon Meringue Pie.


I hope everyone enjoyed the dinner as much as I enjoyed setting it up. 




I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. She has a fun party and always inspires me.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The crown bowls and the wine glasses raise the bar from a country table to pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - spray painting chargers! Great idea! Love your white tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean crisp lines of White. Your table is a classic!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am dying with all your white treasures. I do love the bowls.
    Absolutely, gorgeous.


    Happy TS,
    /CC from Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white look, and the viney petunias look perfect. Also like the ruffly napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah...super pretty! I am so jealous I could turn Hulk green over your napkins and linen!!! :-) No way I'm going to try to tackle a big project like that, though. Sewing on a button is a challenge that reduces me to tears! :-) Spray paint is a girl's best friend, isn't it? You did a fabulous job with those chargers! And about that stemware....plastic??!??!?! No way! That is the best doggone plastic stem I have EVER seen!!! Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so magical. I love the white on white.. It's absolutely the best place to be on a hot summer's evening. Serene. Love your sweet napkins and the tablecloth. It was truly a pleasure to be here this evening.. great job.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and lovely. The crown bowls are going on my wish list!

    Cathy <;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cynthia, your cooling white table is so full of interesting texture and detail. I love your centerpiece! It grounds the entire table! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia