Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fresh Mozzarella BLT


During the summer, with a bounty of summer tomatoes, we eat plenty of BLT’s. But sometimes, we need a change and I thought I would shake up the BLT.



 
Add some prepared pesto to mayonnaise. 

 


Take a freshly baked baguette and cover both sides with the pesto mayonnaise. 




Layer lettuce, bacon, slices of fresh mozzarella and slices of garden tomatoes. 


Enjoy. It is absolutely delicious. A meal in one sandwich, the fresh mozzarella takes the BLT to the next level.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea.
    I can't wait to try this with the last of my garden's tomatoes.

    And I also noticed your layered salad in a jar-

    Genius!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and am so glad I did. Love these sandwiches--can't wait to try them! and the dinner en blanc...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia