Monday, July 30, 2012

Motivational Monday #1 and Menu


Mondays are hard. With a week of chores, errands and meals to make for the week, how do you face your Monday?

After watching the Olympics this weekend, you see athletes have spent years reaching goals. One of the American beach volleyball team has been working towards London for seven years. Now I am not an athlete but  I work towards goals, every day. 

Each week I try to accomplish three types of goals.... must do goals and want to do goals. In addition, I keep focused on any dreams and aspirations I may have. These goals make my life and my family's life richer and fuller. 

Monday gets a bad wrap because 90 percent of the population wakes up with no idea what they have to do today. They lose focus over the weekend or never have had focus. 

Do you have a plan for today, this week or this month?  Do you know how to make a plan? 

Well let's start with my basic plan to get you motivated...

My Core Principles of Goal Setting

1. Count your blessings... take a moment to look around and think how lucky you are to be where you are... if your house is messy, at least you have a house. If you have too much clutter, at least you have things. 

2. Make a plan. Stop and write down what you need to do today. It will take you five minutes. I don't care if it is on the back of an envelop but write it down and keep it with you all day. 

3. Do you take off one day a week? We take off Sundays. Life is busy. You need a day to recharge. Set aside one day this week to play with the children, read a book or reconnect with your spouse. The Sabbath use to be sacred, we now rush around; shopping, chores or just catching up on what we didn't do last week. You were not made to work 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 

I do not care if you house is a wreck. Plan a day off. It will be there tomorrow. A day off will make you more productive the other six days. Your day off will be a gift to you and your family. 

Next week we will start setting goals, but until then, the other thing I want you to do on your envelop is make a menu for the week and a grocery list. This menu will eliminate last minute shopping, fast food and the smallest decision you will have to make today and every day. 

My Menu: Week Ending August 5th.

Monday





Southwest Chicken Salad


Tuesday



Spinach Cheese Crepes


Wednesday 




Tuscan Chicken
Roasted New Potatoes
Skillet Green Beans with Orange

Thursday
Out with Family 

Friday





Meatball Calzones
Cesar Salad 

Saturday




White Gazpacho
Havarti Grilled Cheese
Crudities

Sunday


 

Peach Glazed Chicken 
Baked Potatoes
Corn on the Cob
Cherry Pie


1 comment:

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia