Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Banquette in the Kitchen


We have made some additions to the kitchen in preparation for the “major” kitchen renovation. After the pantry was completed, the next step was removing a set of cabinets that had always been awkward and confining.

In their place, I wanted a banquette that would provide additional seating and storage. Enter my talented son-in-law…



Isn't the wallpaper lovely?






 


He looked at my drawings and built this beautiful banquette.










So beautiful with the addition of molding.   


The banquette provides much needed seating for my small kitchen. The removal of the banquette provides an open feeling to the kitchen.

I have been sewing pillows for the banquette but also need to make a seat cushion.  





Thank you to my talented son in law, I have dreamed about the banquette for several years and you were able to take my drawings and make it a reality. 




 It is really gorgeous and so practical between the seating and the storage, I love it.

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! Congrats! And how lucky to have such a talented SIL--your daughter is blessed too. I have had a banquette with storage in my kitchen for about 8 years and I adore it--can't imagine my kitchen or life without it! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so gorgeous! I love the Waverly fabric you are using too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia