Thursday, July 05, 2012

The Garden in July

The garden is looking beautiful. I love the addition of flowers... they are a joy to look at while I am weeding. 





The Sweet Peas have bloomed... and today I will start cutting them. I am a little hesitant but they were grown for cutting. 




The zinnias are the stars of the garden. They are such a happy flower. Seeds from last year even found their way to the tomatoes. 







The poppies are slowly planting their feet.

 


The tomatoes have taken off and we will be awash with the harvest. The canning station is ready for tomatoes....

 


 Cabbages are being harvested and I will add new zinnia seeds. The herb bed has been hit or miss. Some of the herbs are overgrown. I am going to harvest and dry most of them next week and pull the rest of the overgrown ones. Most garden centers have herbs for half price. I will replant and add a sprinkler to make sure they will make it during the heat. While the bed is empty I will add lots of compost. 
 


  
I sanded and repainted the garden bench to match the bottle tree.. I like the new color better. 










Daisies in the garden...


 


I hope you enjoy the tour of my garden. It makes me smile every time I see it... That is when you know it is worth the work. 





 

3 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful garden. So much fun! Would love to have you join Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog. New follower on board.
    From one Phenomenal woman, to another :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia