Friday, August 24, 2012

Mini Cherry Pies



My children bought a William Sonoma Pie Baker for my birthday and it has been so much fun to create mini desserts for the family. Cherry Pie is a must at least once during the summer. 


 
I cheated and use pie filling but it is so good and really so easy.

I also use store bought pie crust... hey, it is the middle of summer.. I will make homemade crust in the fall.

 


While the pie baker preheated, I cut out the bottom and top of the pie with their cutter. Next, I cut out cherries from the cute pie crust decorative cutters. I brushed the tops of the pie crusts with an egg wash and sugar. Added the cherries on top…

When the pie baker is ready, quickly place the bottom into the machine. Add three large tablespoons of cherry pie filling and top it with the prepared pie crust. Close and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.

Remove and cool thoroughly.



Wrap in pretty paper and tie with string. I am delivering these for along with lunch for some new parents... I think they will like them.

1 comment:

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia