Monday, August 13, 2012

Motivational Monday - Must Do's


Last week, I talked about how I make my monthly goals and how those goals consist of three components. One of those is the must do’s. I have chores that every month need to be done. 
 
Let me step back a moment. I love a clean and orderly home and yard. My home is a reflection of me. Now, that is controversial. Most people do not think of their environment as a reflection of them but I do. I know that everyone does not agree with this position and if you don’t… it’s okay. But I do.

My children, dogs, home and yard are an extension of myself. So my chore list is long. Running a household, in my humble opinion, requires daily vigilance and careful planning.





Some people think I am super organized. Not really, I just don’t want to clean all the time. But it is a big job and a chore list will make running my household easier. I have to be organized .

So I have included a printable Yearly Chore List  that I follow every year. When I make my monthly goals, these items are included.

In addition my must do list is a daily and weekly chore list too. Here that list as well….

Daily

Vacuum Kitchen and Office
Countertops Cleaned
Sink Cleaned
Beds made
Dishwasher Emptied
Patio Blown Off
Weed one hour (April through October)
Pick up and Empty Trash

Weekly

Mow Yard
Weedwhack
Laundry
Garage Cleaned twice a month
Dogs bathed once a month
Clean Bathroom
Vacuum House
Windows wiped down
Storm doors Windexed
Patio washed down
Clean Refrigerator
Make Menu and Grocery Shop


My Menu this week includes many easy dishes. I am working to get ready for new classes and new students. My summer projects are almost done and school is right around the corner. The garden is giving us beautiful tomatoes and fresh herbs. We have some peppers coming in for next week but the bounty of summer continues.

Monday



   

Tomato Pie
Beer Bread

Tuesday

 


BBQ Chicken Pizza
Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Wednesday

 



Shrimp and Deviled Egg Salad
Homemade Potato Chips
Tomato Caprese Salad


Thursday

Out with Family


Friday

 


Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
Twice Baked Potatoes
Creamed Spinach


Saturday

 

 Layered Beef Tostados
Rotelle Tomato Cheese Dip and Chips


Sunday Brunch


 
Eggs in a Basket
Hashbrown Casserole
Blueberry Muffins

2 comments:

  1. I always feel like my home is an extension of me too. :) You are too humble when it comes to being organized. You lead the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, I love your style!!!! I just may copy your idea of having a daily, weekly and monthly plan! You are right about our homes being a reflection of who we are! I love that you are so diligent in creating a clean, wholesome and ordered home! YOU GO GIRL!
    The menu sounds scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing it on OTMM! I am featuring this post on the next OTMM!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia