Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sunflower and Bees



Summer is coming to a close but not without some beauty and style. The tomatoes are slowing, herbs are finished, and the flowers are less pretty. The family is busy with their schools, I am teaching and hubby is away at work. But it doesn't mean that we cannot honor the beauty of summer.



One of my favorite combinations in any table is black and yellow. I adore these colors.

 

My new tablecloth is perfect for this fun Sunday brunch.


Start with my Pottery Barn inspired tablecloth. I made this to replicate the tea towels I had made earlier.


The napkins go perfect and are so sweet.



Sunflowers are in bloom now and they are the perfect flower for late summer. These girls are hanging their heads but shouldn't, as they are the stars of this table.



Stacked plates combine all the colors of the beautiful Sunflower accent plates.


My favorite yellow bee chargers.



Coupled with these sweet white bees.

 

The Napoleon Bee flatware is always welcome and more so with this table. 


Cups for Coffee... 
 



My new Bee wine glasses, perfect for any summer table.



Sunflower bowls for the sides of the lunch. 



I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her fabulous Tablescape Party 

Brunch Menu:

Huevos Rancheros
Hash Browns
Flour Tortillas

Sources:

Chargers: Tuesday Morning
Dinner Plate: Home Goods
Accent Plates: Pier One
Water Glasses: Mikasa French Country
Wine Glasses: Tuesday Morning
Flatware: Wallace Napolean Bee
Pitcher: Pottery Barn

6 comments:

  1. This is "BEE utiful" I love all the Bee things on your table. The silverware is just too darling! I love your table linens that you made so so cute. All the details are just perfect! Come link up to Centerpiece Wed on my blog and enter my giveaway too.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I love every layer of your plates! I absolutely love the color combination you chose and each level including the chargers makes it perfect!
    The PB inspired tablecloth and napkins are so nice! I'm trying to imagine how you made the ribbon like accent! That took some time I know that much!
    Your sunflowers are gorgeous and I love the bee accents including the flatware! 5 stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing makes me happier than having sunflowers around and they couldn't be more perfect for your black and yellow accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly HAVE honored the beauty of summer! It's nearly 100 degrees here today, so summer is DEFINITELY hanging on!!! This is beautiful. I love the gathered sunflowers in that stark white vase. The deep color of the flowers against the paleness of the vase is really striking. Your tablecloth really rocks!!!! Very cool! I admire that in you! I wish you a safe and fun and relaxed holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most beautiful table setting ever! EVER! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this!! Your table is a fitting homage to the end of summer. The sunflowers look fabulous with the tablecloth and napkins you made. All of the bee accents are so cute, especially the new glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia