Thursday, August 09, 2012

The Ants are Coming to Dinner


The children have other things to do this weekend. So hubby and I were home alone. A RARE OCCURRENCE! So I decided to set up a table in the garden. 



Why not bring out the ants?

okay... tons of ants



Lots of ants with polka dots...



 I am sure that hubby will love the table..... actually I doubt he will notice all the touches but hey, I would not let such a festive occasion go without some fan fare.



 
 My fabulous glass wine bucket with a handle.




This table is such a happy table and makes me smile. I took these pictures during the day but saved some of them at twilight when we had dinner.




Daisies from the garden in small galvanized cups. Make the table so sweet. Red flowers would have been too heavy and distracted from all the red patterns.




Another DIY project... gold chargers from a yard sale primed and painted with chalkboard paint. These are going to be so great for any number of tables. I love them on this table as they anchor the plates.


Oilcloth cut for a tablecloth. Have you checked out the beautiful oilcloths? You could make some very pretty tablecloths. It is very inexpensive and soooo cute.



Red gingham ant plates.. a great find at $1 a piece



My Spode Red Polka Dot plates



Layers of Patterns








 


Add some pretty wine glasses...




The red flatware... so pretty...







Ant Salt and Pepper shakers


 

Centerpieces....

 


 At dusk with the lanterns...




I hope you enjoy this table and hubby likes dinner.

Pork Chops with mustard sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Green Salad
Mini - Cherry Pie
Lots of Wine



I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. She has some pretty fabulous tables join her parties.





Sources:
Napkins: Home Goods
Chargers: Yard Sales with Chalkboard paint
Dinner Plates: Spode Baking Days
Salad Plate: Rosanna
Accent Plates: Pier One
Flatware: Home Goods
Glasses: Tuesday Morning
Buckets: Home Depot.
Lanterns: Pottery Barn
Ants: Tuesday Morning


8 comments:

  1. Cynthia this is just too cute! I love it all...the red and white color combo, the adorable ants!!, the silverware and the dishes!!! absolutely perfect!! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share you Ants are coming to dinner!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all the details in your outdoor tablescape! I think your ants are terrific and I like how you used the red and white with the polkadots and checks. You are clever to hang the candle jars on the fence! I'm going back and take another look. Just a fun tablescape to make you smile!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely the cutest table. I love the marching ants!!! Your collection of dishes is perfect for this setting. The galvanized buckets with white mums are perfect! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a happy table! I like all the red polka dot details for sure! The black chargers look great with this stack of plates. That was a good idea. I have some of the little ant plates and the large black ants. Need to get them out and do a summer table. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Love the ants & polka dots. I've been hearing about the oil cloth lately but don't know where everyone is finding it. ???? Love your setting in the yard. Wish I had a nice spot in the yard, but the dogs run back there, and it's what I'd call a bit nasty. Love your hanging lanterns. Everything looks great.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun tablescape! Nicely put together!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia