Friday, August 03, 2012

Yard Sale #3


This week is filled with big items I found at yard sales. 

Here is the back story, I do not want my home to look like a furniture store. When I design a room, I always have a clear vision and sometimes it is difficult to find the right piece. Okay, most times. I
have been looking for the right rug for my living room for ten years... crazy. So my best advice is to search alternative sources than a furniture store.
This wing chair was the perfect size for this room. At $25, it was the perfect price and I could afford to re-upholster it with denim without breaking the budget. It has been in our home for 12 years. 




 I needed a little Armoire for this corner, to store family games and a TV so guests could relax away from the chaos of my home. Another $25 fit the bill. Although it was cherry, I am never afraid to paint any piece to make it perfect. The Armoire fits this room, and the color is pulled from the wallpaper. 


 
Lastly, sometimes you come across a piece at a yard sale that you just have to figure out where to incorporate it.



 This cart was so unusual, I spent an hour looking at it. Then the lady told me she bought it at William Sonoma.... Sign me up. $100. A great entertainment piece. We are going to use it outside. I may remove the baskets and add a shelf but with wheels, how convenient for a serving buffet outside. 

Yard Sales can make your home special with unusual and inexpensive pieces that add character to any home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia