Thursday, September 13, 2012

A French Rooster Table


Sometimes I get questions about how many dishes I have. Now I am very blessed to have a large variety of beautiful dishes. But you can make a beautiful table with your everyday dishes. 



Start with this beautiful April Cornell Tablecloth, it gives the impression of a French Country breakfast.




Add my everyday Mikasa French Country dishes



 
I included an accent plate with roosters on it…. 






And a cute rooster dish. I am going to pipe butter into it.




 

Add a simple pitcher with sunflowers 




And these very cute pewter farm animal napkin rings..




Water glasses 





Ivory flatware



My favorite ivory lace napkins under the black April Cornell napkins.



 


I pulled roosters from around the house. 





The table looks special with the everyday items.

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. She always has the prettiest tables and you will be inspired by the party!!

Sources

Table Linens: April Cornell
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: Mikasa French Country
Accent Plates: Tuesday Morning
Flatware: World Market
Glasses: Noritake Sweet Swirl
Rooster Accents: Tuesday Morning

14 comments:

  1. I love your table. I am always on the lookout for new dishes to add to the foundation of white ones. When I find something pretty at Goodwill, the salad/dessert plates jump into my cart. They certainly add color and interest to my tables. Your roosters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I forgot to add my signature :-)

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black tablecloth with the roosters on it and your adorable rooster salad plates! How cute are are your napkin rings! Everything is so beautiful! Come link up to Centerpiece Wed and share this post with us!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... this is so frenchy... I love the roosters. They look so real (at least the unclay §:-)

    Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does indeed look special! I like the contrast of the white dishes against the black background of the linens. Very chic! The napkin rings are just too cool!!!!!! I have never seen any quite like them! I really like this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to see a French rooster inspired table. Thanks for sharing this one. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the white dishes. They are the workhorses in my house, too. Great rooster table.. Love it.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed all of your roosters! Love the white dish stack, Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought it was a lovely table. And I loved the roosters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty French Breakfast Tablescape!
    The roosters are the best accents for breakfast. I love your lovely rooster linens with the dark colors for they pop your white plates. This is something to crow about for you can really create a lovely table with everyday china!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, cute post/table!! I love that you added the white napkin to the dark one--it really sets it off and adds another dimension. Love those little rooster covered dishes! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from BNOP tablescape party, this is a great table. I love the dark cloth with the roosters and the heavy white china! Great look!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia