Thursday, September 20, 2012

A University of Tennessee Table


Last year, I put together an Ole Miss table for my daughter's alma mater. And a MississippiState table for my husband's and son's alma mater. This year, I put together a University of Tennessee table for my alma mater. My daughter also attends graduate school there.




Now I am the first to admit that orange is a difficult color but so I started with a softer orange gingham tablecloth that I made. Another tablecloth that I was unable to find in the stores.




Next, I added my always versatile white chargers.

Orange plates, if you are going to live in East Tennessee, invest in some orange dinnerware.



My fabulous football bowls.

 
Brown tortoise glasses that help to anchor the table.




Love the ivory flatware... 




Football Themed serving pieces... with these cute orange polka dot bowls. 




I love the football picks... imagine them in fruit or meatballs, cocktail wienies or cheese cubes.. very versatile.




The napkins were a Pier One find at Easter... who knew carrot orange would work so well with these plates. The Watchband napkin ring replicates the gingham pattern.


A stack of orange dessert plates, not even the same orange as the plates but they work with the orange flatware found at a tag sale.. Who would get rid of orange flatware in East Tennessee?



Football Salt and Pepper 







I hope you like my University of Tennessee football table but you notice that not one piece has the school name on it. You can create a beautiful table that reflects your school spirit without all the school stuff... some football bowls with your school colors and it works.




I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.. She has some of the most beautiful tables either on her blog or in her party. 

Sources:

Linens: Farmhouse Fabric
Napkins: Pier One
Napkin Rings: Ralph Lauren Watchband
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: Waechtersbach
Football Bowls: Tuesday Morning last year
Flatware: Home Goods
Serving Pieces: Tuesday Morning

9 comments:

  1. What a very fun tablescape!!! Such a cheerful way to root for your favorite team :-)

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your football table! I need to find some of those Football bowls...they would fit right in with our Navy and Orange dinnerware :-) Don't you just love Football season in the South! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touchdown!!!! This is great! I think the state of Tennessee would love me (even though I'm from Missouri) because I have several shades of orange plates and my dining room has a lot of orange in it! Maybe I'll have to pick up and move to TN!!! (My husband attended Meharry Medical College there back in the 80s, and we recently traveled there for a reunion.) I love the football bowls. I recently put together a football table for my tablescaping classes, and I think my students would have really gotten a kick (get it? a "kick"?) out of seeing those included. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alycia stole my first word! Touchdown indeed! Great table and your football themed tableware are great!
    It's that time of year again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...Touchdown!!! We DO love our football here in the South...mine is Orange and Blue...War Eagle ;) I love your football bowls!!
    Thanks for sharing such a fun table with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tablescape! Several of the Virginia teams have orange too. UVA - navy, white and orange. VA Tech - orange and maroon! Love how you made the colors work along with your football themed platter and bowls. Looks very "spirited" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! Oh wait, can you say cute when talking football? I like the gingham tablecloth, it is just enough color without having too much orange. The whole table looks like fun. I hope your team does well this season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carrot orange napkins add such a dainty touch : )
    I love the way the tortoise shell glasses ground the table and add that natural feel. I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. I love the brown with the orange. Those napkins have been so handy on many tables.

      Cynthia

      Delete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia