Thursday, September 06, 2012

Crab Boil Table



A friend of mine has a wonderful Crab Boil every Memorial Day and it is so much fun so for Labor Day, I thought I would treat the family to a Crab Boil and a fabulous Crab Table.




I have been dreaming of this table for months, as this is the last table of the summer.  


Start with a cute tablecloth I made out of embroidered fabric….



Next add some ship wheels for chargers…


Navy Blue plates with a rope edge detail.


Red flatware


Red and Blue Napkins with a cute buoy napkin ring…. You can never have enough napkins for a crab boil.


I found a beautiful crab and lobster plates…. Everyone gets a hammer or crackers to crack the crabs.


Add an Armetele crab plate with salt and pepper shakers.


Sitting outside with candles for when the sun went down.




My go to Pottery Barn plastic wine glasses.


Everything is so festive without the food…


A boat drink container… ready for some wine, water and soft drinks, with another ship wheel.. a yard sale find.


And a buoy.


And what a feast…
 


Crab

 

Crawfish


The baby had some corn and potatoes. I also made him some chicken… his first family party outside.


Dinner was delicious…


And I bought some delicious cupcakes for dessert…


I hope you enjoy my fun table…. 


I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch again, as she always has the prettiest tables.


Sources
Linens: Amazon and Embroidered Seersucker
Buoy Napkin Rings: World Market
Chargers: Ikea and the ship wheels were from yard sales
Boat: Home Goods
Buoy: Home Goods
Plates: Navy – Home Goods
Accent Plates: World Market
Flatware: Pier One
Crab Tray: Armetelle
Salt and Pepper Shakers: Home Goods
Wine Glasses: Pottery Barn… Thanks Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, fun, and well-thought-out table!! I love every detail of it...and am now going to frantically search the World Market web site for those accent plates! My husband will want me to thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia