Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles


 
I love pumpkin anything... except Pumpkin Pie... is that weird? So for brunch,  I thought I would make the family these Pumpkin Waffles. 

I make breakfast every morning. Cereal and I are not friends and I have not eaten cereal for 30 years. 



And boy were they delicious...

Like pumpkin muffins, in a waffle form.

Combine all the ingredients, heat up the waffle maker and wham... delicious.


Heat up the maple syrup and you could slap your momma they are so good... but kids don't slap me... 

Pumpkin Waffles
 
Ingredients: Yield: 8

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 2/3 cups milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

Directions:

1 Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
2 In a second bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and butter; beat well. 3 Gently fold in the flour mixture.
4 Cook according to your waffle iron directions.
5 My waffle maker uses about 1 cup batter and takes 4-5 minutes to bake.
6 They come out a nice deep, golden brown.
7 These are great with a little bit of syrup, but would also be great with honey butter.



1 comment:

  1. These pumpkin waffles looks scrumptious!!! They are a must try!
    Please stop by for my weekly food linky ON THE MENU MONDAY. YOur pumpkin waffles would be such a welcomed addition! Link goes live Sunday at 8:00 pm! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia