Friday, September 21, 2012

Rice Krispie Treat Apples


Remember when I made these pumpkins for my students? Well, today I made some apples for my students…

Follow the recipe on the Rice Krispie box for the treats.




But add red food coloring when you melt the marshmallows.

Stir the cereal in and thoroughly coat with the red marshmallow mixture.

Let cool slightly.

Scoop out and for the treats into a ball shape… making the bottom smaller than the top… you know, like an apple.

Add ½ of a small tootsie roll into the top of the apple.


I shaped the green tootsie rolls into leaf shapes.

So cute and how easy.


Your little ones will love them. Who knew back to school could be so fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia