Thursday, October 04, 2012

A Pink Ruffly Birthday Tablescape


Birthdays are an occasion to bring the family together and I always love any occasion to see the whole family. My daughter loves girly stuff, especially Kate Spade. And I love to set a birthday table that really reflects my children's style...Wait until you see her birthday cake.

So we start with pink.....




And add ruffles.... Either with the pom poms. 




A simple silver bowl filled with pink flowers, hydrangeas and snapdragons... Very simple but so elegant. 



 

Or the Kate Spade flatware....




Add a pink tablecloth that I made for this baby shower.




Pink plates.... 



And cabbage plates....




Topped with a beautiful accent plates.

I added flowers under the accent plate for more interest.



I love these place card holders... very festive and a complete bargain at about 2 dollars a piece. 




My absolute favorite cake plate, so beautiful and feminine....

I love these Kate Spade plates....



Do you have a cake knife and server? We love cake and serve it often. 




Pretty feminine glasses 




Overall, I love the softness of this table and love the beauty of the roses. Like my daughter, girly and ruffly.... Even in a Navy uniform.




As always I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and her fun tablescape party.  




Sources:

Table Linens: I made
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: Pink Sophia by Portmeirion
Cabbage Plates: Bordello
Accent Plates: Royal Albert
Flatware: Kate Spade
Glasses: Noritake Star Gorham and Mikasa French Country
Place Cards: Pier One


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia! You must be so proud of your girly girl in her Navy uniform. The table that you set for her is beautiful and I can see all your love for her coming through. I too have a girly girl who is also a tough athlete. It makes me happy to hear about young, successful daughters. I am now your newest follower. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful table. It's very special for a girl who loves to be a girl. I am a pinkaholic, so I love all things pink :-)

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to have a daughter who serves our country by being in the Navy! I am so proud of her and you for raising a wonderful daughter! I hope she had a tremendous and Happy Birthday celebration. You certainly know how to set a very feminie table and the balance of pink and white. I am also a fan of Kate Spade. I have a set of china by her called Rutherford Circle with an all pink rim! Your tablescape is very sophisticated and perfect for your daughter! My favorite thing is the place cards with the birthday hat so darling!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia