Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Planning and Week Ending October 21st.



A Quick Note... I have had the worst week of camera trouble. I worked for almost two hours on a project only to have the camera card corrupted. Of course that took nearly a week to find out... so thanks for your patience... Now on to Thanksgiving... 

So we have a vision picture.



Now where are you going to have Thanksgiving dinner? I am moving furniture out of the living room and setting up a long dinner table to serve the entire family at one table. Although moving the furniture is going to be a little difficult, I thought it would be a beautiful way to celebrate together.

Let's now focus on the dinner.

Where are you having it?




I am moving furniture out of the living room and setting up a long dinner table to serve the entire family at one table. Although moving the furniture is going to be a little difficult, I thought it would be a beautiful way to celebrate together. A lovely fire and so much room and light.

How is your table going to look?





What table linens, flatware and dishes? Do you have enough? I have Thanksgiving china and yes, I have enough. For large dinners, I have enough antique silver for everyone. I need to look at the crystal. My concern is the items to decorate the table. The centerpieces are going to be tricky. I am on the hunt for pheasant feathers.

So the homework this week:

1. Make a list of items you need for the tables:
                   Linens
                   Plates
                   Flatware
                   Crystal
2.  Place Cards? Yes or No
3. Buffet Style or Family Style?
4. Serving Pieces... We may need to revisit this item when the menu is finalized.
5. Chairs and Tables
6. Centerpieces? 




This week, I am baking pies for Thanksgiving to freeze. The cookie project is going well. Four types of cookie dough put together with two more this week. Halloween Costumes are in the works... Sewing everyday to complete them.

My school has two days off this week and I am stripping wallpaper in a powder room. It is not a fun job!!! But so necessary.... My fall project this year is to re-wallpaper a sad powder room and replace the sink.

Dinners are simple but delicious. I cooked on Saturday so they are already done and tucked into the fridge.


Tuesday

 


Stuffed Pork Chops
Sauteed Green Beans
Garden Salad

Wednesday

 


Chili
Jalapena Corn Bread

Thursday

Leftovers

Friday

Out with the Family

Saturday




BLT Pizza

Sunday




Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
Cesar Salad
Biscuits

1 comment:

  1. All looks fantastic.....the decorations are great and the food wowza!

    The Thanksgiving decor is beautiful.
    Love it,
    d

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia