Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Outdoor Fall Table - or Plaid Gone Mad



This is the last dinner in the garden for the year. While my husband would prefer to watch football, I plied him outside with a bottle of bottle of wine or beer and a big camp plate of red beans and rice.


The weather is perfect and with the garden being shut down, it is a perfect day for an intimate picnic.




A simple tartan plaid blanket, with the Pottery Barn plastic wine glasses and the glass wine carrier.




Coolers filled with beer and hot chocolate.




My old camping plates. A Target find from years ago. 





The cutest salt and pepper shakers. Wouldn’t you love to go for a picnic in a real Woody?




Cups for the hot chocolate. 




Pretty fall flowers with a simple yellow vase tie the whole table together. 




So fun.. we had a beautiful dinner by sunset and light lanterns when it became dark. I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and her tablescape party... She is the best!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is sooo adorable. Everything looks fantastic..now, I want to do one last outdoor table and it's 40 something degrees this morning...sooo, probably won't be doing it today.:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were actually able to get your husband to come outside instead of watch football??? I think we had ALL better invest in some cool plaid accessories and get those red beans & rice simmering on the stove! Actually, I would be the one having to be torn away from the television when my Chiefs are playing...even though they have totally bombed out this year...and last year...and the year before that! :-) That big plaid round item is a cooler? I've never seen one like that! Very cool!!! This is a wonderful mid-fall table, and if you had that U-verse the ads talk about on TV, your husband would be in TOTAL hog heaven! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plaid is just fabulous! I love each piece. I too am wishing for a real woody. Maybe some day. Glad you got yours to head out of doors. Mine is plastered to his chair.. so sad. I loved my visit. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the way you pulled out the bright colors in the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully placed, fresh and elegant table!
    Love those flowers.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is adorable.
    Thank you for stopping by the shop, and like I said, I hope I'm brave enough to share my simpler version of that gorgeous Red Sox table.
    I thought I'd mention that I had to do a little searching to figure out which blog had visited because your comments don't link back to your page. Not that I minded one bit, but you may want to check your profile settings. I think everyone should see your beautiful page. :)
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful... I love the colors! All that plaid. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia