Friday, November 30, 2012

Mini Pies




Everyone loves pies but no one in my family finishes a pie. So this year, I decided to try a different approach. After making some mini-quiches for the baby shower with my mini-pie maker, I wanted a little larger pie for the family.




I bought these large muffin pans, I love large muffins. But how would they be for pies. 




Pinterest is filled with pies in muffin pans. So I place the pie crust into each muffin well. 



 
Filled with pie filling.






Bake at 350 degrees until a knife comes out clean. The timing was a little tricky but I checked after 20 minutes and every 5 minutes after that. It took 35 minutes.

So cute and absolutely the perfect size. 


With pecan pie, make sure to have a thicker bottom. I did not do that on several pies and they were impossible to get out of the pan.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so delicious and I haven't even had my coffee yet this morning. Now you have me wishing I had something like this downstairs waiting for me. It's raining and today just might be the day to do some baking. So tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! And they are the perfect size! Cynthia, you are always cooking up great posts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia