Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving #7 and this Week’s Menu



Okay, last full week until Thanksgivng. As you know, we have family for a weekend. Wednesday night will be family gathering and catching up on everyone’s news. A new baby on the way, due soon. My grandbaby getting bigger and the bigger kids news of school, hobbies, friends and all their activities. Thursday is all about family, food and games. But we will hit the outlets at midnight. A big family tradition. One that I am willing to give up but the older kids love it.
   
Friday, beyond shopping, the girls will hit a Christmas tree show with hundreds of fabulously decorated trees and wonderful gingerbread houses. I hope the boys can play golf. Saturday will be more shopping and I am going to have the boys get out the outside decorations, either we will hang them or they will be ready for Monday.

I will also set the table on Friday. I love to set the Thanksgiving table early to have plenty of time to tweak it if I need to.

Lastly, I am starting to defrost the turkey on Wednesday. For some reason it takes a week to defrost a 24 pound turkey. I have no idea why it takes me longer than what is recommended but it does.

This week’s menu is all about easy dinners. Three are already in the freezer and ready to eat or put in the slow cooker.

Monday





Salmon with Dill Sauce
Bacon Cheddar Hasselback Potatoes
Garden Salad


Tuesday



Spinach Frittata


Wednesday

 
 


Thursday



Slow Cooker Fig Balsamic Chicken
Steamed Rice
Cesar Salad
 

Friday

Out with Family


Saturday



Steak Calzone
Iceberg Wedge Salad


Sunday



Cheese Grits with Shrimp
Red Beans
Cole Slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia