Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Week



It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is around the corner. I have only two dishes to make this week; Wild rice casserole and the ingredients to stuff the turkey. The house is clean and ready. I have several Christmas gifts for the nieces and nephews. Tuesday will be the last grocery trip, for all perishables.

The night before Thanksgiving, the breakfast casserole needs to be put together.

And then it is time to sit back and enjoy the holiday. Thanksgiving day I have carrots to make and all the dishes need to be heated. The turkey goes into the oven early in the morning and the ham will go in as soon as the breakfast casserole is done. I do not care about ham being room temperature to serve.
 

After the ham is done, I will add the side dishes to warm up. The girls are making the green bean casserole. I am also cooking the rolls the day before to have them ready for dinner. They will have to be re-heated.

Given that the rest of the week is about cooking, I am eating leftovers this week. After a fabulous relaxing weekend, Monday and Tuesday are left over red beans, grits and steak calzone.. who could argue with that menu. 


Here is a sneak peak of the Thanksgiving Table....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia