Thursday, December 06, 2012

A Brown Paper Christmas Table



This Sunday I wanted to gather the family for a Sunday dinner. The holiday season is such a joyous time and spending time with family is my favorite time.


 


This table is a joy!! I mean it makes me happy when I see it. And here is a secret… there are no Christmas dishes on the table. Started with a gray and white tablecloth. It has a red stripe down the sides.





Red chargers are Christmas items found at Target for 75% off.
  
But the red plates along with the polka dot plates are not Christmas but everyday plates. I used the polka dot plates, here and here




Glass Cloches filled with little brown packages and red ribbon make the table absolutely festive.






My friend gave me this beautiful Pottery Barn sleigh which I filled with mercury trees, berries and brown paper presents wrapped in red ribbon.





Just fill glasses with berries…


 

 
Or better yet, coffee cups…




Red Flatware…




Mercury candles and votives. 

 



Silver reindeers to pull the sleigh…. 






Repeated on the napkin rings….





  
 
Such a pretty table and absolutely joyous.

14 comments:

  1. Such an adorable table! I love the red and white with the brown paper packages! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty table. I always love brown paper packages tied up with strings!
    Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cheery Merry! I am a polka dot freak, the more polka dots the better! I love the red and silver and of course the brown paper packages. Thanks for sharing
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous :) What a great little setting. So what was in the little mini packages you wrapped up? Also those little single cloches are beautiful. Do you remember where you got them from? I think I've seen some at Macy's but they were running about $15 a piece...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Centerpiece Wed. I love the polka dot plates and the brown paper packages tied up with string :) perfect!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia....this is just too cute!!!!!!! You KNOW the song from "the Sound of Music" popped right into my head, and I will probably not be able to get it out for a long time!! I'd better find my Vanilla Ice CD and play "Ice, Ice Baby" to counterbalance "MY Favorite Things"!!! (That's a song that'll stick with ya for awhile, too!) :-) The centerpiece is very creative! I'm glad that you mentioned how you used your "everyday" dishes. That helps readers who are just getting started with tablescaping to understand that you don't always have to run out and buy something. Scouting the house almost always yields something that will work perfectly! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia, your table settings are so beautiful! I am putting together a post for my other blog/online magazine that I'm a part of called Daily Dish. http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/

    I would love to use three of your photos, one from this post and two others from previous Christmas table settings. Please let me know if I can use your photos. I will leave a link back to your blog in the post!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pop of the red and white plates -- I need some like that. I also love the brown paper packages centerpiece. The berries just pop. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous table, Cynthia! It is simple yet elegant. great centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..."Brown paper packages tied up with string... These are a few of my favorite things..." That darling tablescape is one of my favorites. Love the pop that the polka dots provide, but also love their versatility. Really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table! The little packages under the glass cloches are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a pretty, happy table! Love the dots!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia