Thursday, December 20, 2012

Our Hot Chocolate Bar




With the holidays around the corner, our family is going to spend the holidays at home, watching Christmas movies, going to look at Christmas lights, and playing games. While my menu is for the next two weeks is filled with hearty food, fun dinners and delicious breakfasts.

Mornings require coffee for my adult children and evenings bring hot chocolate for the rest of us. 




So I have set up pretty hot chocolate and coffee bar for the next several weeks. I love this three tiered tray. Pottery Barn had a pretty one, but way too expensive, I found mine at Home Goods. The tray is so versatile, here is the way I decorated it for Thanksgiving.

Sitting by Santa and my cookie jar, filled with holiday treats. Notice I use poinsettias as a backdrop in most of my kitchen. They are always on sale at Home Depot for $.99 on Black Friday. I purchase a dozen of them and instantly we have Christmas decorations.





I placed the mugs in a bed of greens and plastic ornaments.





These snow man mugs are so sweet and ready for either hot chocolate or coffee.





Snowman spoons to stir your chocolate.





Straws for any drink that the children may want. 


 
 
The hot chocolate bar matches my kitchen garland.   

 


And my cute cake plate.... I just adore this plate.






I hope you come over and have some coffee!!!


 





13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful! You've created a marvelous Christmas decoration that also makes hot chocolate easily accessible. Brilliant dies! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Merry Christmas. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little daughter would absolutely love this. She is our Hot Chocolate Queen. She is so cute and offers to make hot chocolate all the time. No microwave water for her, she always heats it in the teapot, whistling of course. I love this concept, and the 3-tiered tray is so great for this purpose. That footed covered Christmas dish is so cute. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Christmas Bar is so fantastic. What a wonderful idea! I may have to borrow this idea. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cute ideas. Now I wish I had one of the trays. Merry Christmas and wishing you many blessings in the year to come. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia! Just 99 cents each on the poinsettias?!??!?!! I need to get my hips to Home Depot next Black Friday! I had no idea! Of course, it has been YEARS since I set foot out the door on Black Friday, but I'll have to make an exception next year! That's a heck of a bargain for something that will last throughout the holiday season!!! I love the hot beverage station! The snowman spoons...SO cute!!! I love the way you filled out the tiered stand, too! That looks better than the displays you see in most stores!!! Have a Merry and safe Christmas!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is one cute hot chocolate bar!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling tray and all the perfect pieces for a hot cocoa or coffee! Your snowmen mugs are cute and just right for the season. The cake stand and cover is so pretty with the Chistmas shoes. Hope your Christmas with the family is fun and I love watching Christmas movies or any movie this time of year, too!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!!! Need to try this.

    Merry Christmas.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE this idea!! I have the PB version of the three tiered tray--found on sale of course--part of the fun of shopping there is timing! I think I'll send hubby to Home Depot next Black Friday. He's always looking for an excuse to go there and poke around as I am to go to my dish stores! This is truly inspirational to me--I'm going to try a little hot chocolate station for my kids who are coming home Saturday! Merry Christmas! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your plate too, and the hot chocolate bar is adorable!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish, and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that same cake plate and just adore it. It has such a whimiscal look to it and I also have some of the cup cake holders with the charming little feet too. Loved your post.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia