Monday, January 21, 2013

Goals for the Week and Menu Ending January 27th




Well, the whole family was here for the weekend. And January is only about cuddling by the fire, eating soup, hot chocolate and playing games. So we played games all weekend. I cooked all day on Saturday for the hubby to take food back to Alabama. 


Classes really start this week and I am looking forward to being back in the classroom. I love students and feel like my best days are when I am teaching. 


This week, I am buckling down and finish the garden planning. Seeds and garden supplies will be ordered this week. It is hard to believe that I need to start working out in the yard next week. January is the only month I take off and boy do I have a great deal of clean up to do. 


The one thing I love about January is that it gives me time to complete those pesky little projects that I never seem to have time to finish. So hemming some curtains that have needed it for a year and several pictures that I need framed are going to be taken care of. 

Lastly, the Superbowl invites are going out this week and I need to buckle down and pick out a menu. Baking the desserts ahead of time will help to get ready for the party.



To do this week

1.    Order seeds and trays

2.    Check heat lamps

3.    Purge files and start prepping taxes

4.   Check chocolate supplies for making Valentine’s candy

5.    Purchase new down comforter for master

6.   Polish flatware

Want to do this week:

1.    Football dessert crafts

2.    Hem curtains in guestroom.

This week’s menu was based on what the hubby took to Alabama… so lots of comfort food and easily frozen into individual servings.


Menu

Monday


 


Southwest Egg Rolls
Garden Salad


Tuesday




 

Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast Salad
With cranberries, feta, mandarin oranges and Balsamic vinaigrette
Cheese Straws


Wednesday


 


Club Sandwich
Homemade Potato Chips


Thursday

Out to dinner with the family


Friday

 



Potato Leek Soup
Beer Bread


Saturday

 



Chicken Fettucini Verde
Cesar Salad
Garlic Breadsticks


Sunday Brunch


 


 
Grilled Ribeyes with Horseradish Sauce
Smashed Roasted Potatoes
Spinach Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia