Thursday, January 17, 2013

January Blues




One of the best things about January is that it gives us a chance to start with a clean slate. Refresh, refocus and renew. The light in January is clear and crisp. When I looked to the family coming for Sunday brunch, I wanted to set a table that reflects the freshness of January. What better table to set then white starched placemats with Navy plates. 




Start with white tulips… don’t you just love tulips?





Did you know they are one of the only flowers that keeps growing after you cut them. 

 


My beautiful Ikea chargers and the Navy plates from Homegoods with the beautiful rope detail.


I love these Ralph Lauren accent plates. It took three trips to Marshalls over a four month period for me to find enough of them.





The flatware replicates the rope detail, it is one of my favorite. 

 



I only found one mug but that is okay, only my daughter drinks coffee. I am still on the hunt though....





Blue glasses make the table sparkle. 

 
 


The tablecloth that I always have under glass is being washed  so the placemats really look beautiful against my Grandfather’s antique table. 




Blue and white candlestick.




My Mikasa salt and pepper. 




A fresh beautiful table for Sunday Brunch. Thank you for stopping by to visit this week’s table. The kids will be surprised but all they really care about is the food!!! But I love the pretty table. 


Menu
Sausage Casserole
Hashbrowns
Fruit Salad
Banana Bread
Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice punch


 I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.

11 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! I bet your family really appreciates all that you do. I know your daughter does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely treat for January. The table is beautiful and the menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, and so refreshing after all the holiday tables! You can't go wrong with blue and white -- and tulips! I love your RL salad plates -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blues on the table. Great patterns and contrast with the rope design. I am so loving blues this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with blue and white. It's always fresh and beautiful as your post illustrates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white tables. Always a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the blue dishes with the rope border and love them. I have been trying to get your flatware but have not been successful--yet! You did a great job mixing them with the RL dishes. I hope your family notices your pretty table setting, but I know what you meant about them noticing the food! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing prettier than a blue and white table...I did one this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Blue and white always delights. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a passion for anything that includes blues. For some reason, blues calm my soul. Love your tablesetting.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, always love blue and white!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia