Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My To Do List and Menu Week Ending February 3rd, 2013



I am late with this week.... as I have another cold... I never get one cold a year much less two in one month.

This week, I am getting ready for the Super Bowl. No, I am not strapping on football pads and running suicides, but cooking up some of the family's favorite tailgate food. Chili is already in the freezer and a couple of other dishes will be put together this week.

I am also wrapping up spring cleaning the master bedroom. Any items that need to be replaced will be done this week. Do you ever stop back and look at your home and some things look shabby? Not shabby chic but just plain shabby. Monthly, I take a room and look at it carefully to make sure it looks good, lamps working, silver polished, light plates cleaned and look good.

Lastly, with the kitchen remodel looming, I have to meet with the kitchen designer and start finalizing the plan. Last week, I purchased an electric skillet in anticipation of no kitchen for two months.

To Do This Week

1.    Football dishes out.
2.    Check master for replacement items.
3.    Retouch and wax furniture in master.



4.   Vacuum all upholstered furniture.
5.    Wallpaper the back of secretary.


Menu:

Tuesday






Leftover Potato Leek Soup
Garden Salad
Crusty Bread

Wednesday


 
Turkey, Apple and Brie Panini
Kettle Chips

Thursday

Out with Family

Friday


 
Stuffed Pork Chops
Creamed Spinach
Cinnamon Apples

Saturday



Grilled Ribeyes with Horseradish Sauce
Baked Mashed Potatoes
Cesar Salad

Sunday Brunch



Spanish Frittata
Hash Browns
Banana Bread

1 comment:

  1. So you are doing a full blown kitchen renovation?! I can only imagine the time you've spent researching and deciding what you want.

    I have a question for you...how do you pick leeks at the grocery store? I've never purchased them but would like to.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia