Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chicken Carbonara




Pasta is so delicious in the winter and this dish is heaven itself. Bacon, chicken and cream... what more do you need?




Start with 2 T. olive oil. Slice 4 oz. bacon into little slices. Saute the bacon until it is browned.

Add two cloves of diced garlic.

Once the garlic is slightly browned, add 4 cups of diced cooked chicken and heat through.

Meanwhile cook spaghetti to al dente.

In a bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups of cream, 1 c. Parmesan, 8 egg yolks, 1/4 c. of both freshly diced Basil and Italian Parsley. Slowly add to the chicken bacon mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.

Add the pasta to the sauce mixture and toss gently. Put in a serving bowl and top with additional Parmesan and 1 T. of lemon zest.


This dish is so delicious but very rich. It is wonderful and you will not regret one bit the effort. I only wish I could have used the 8 egg whites for a lemon meringue pie.




Chicken Carbonara

2 T.  olive oil
4 oz. bacon
2 cloves garlic, diced
4 c. diced cooked chicken
9 oz. spaghetti
2 1/2 c. cream
1 c. Parmesan
8 egg yolks
1/4 c. of fresh diced basil
1/4 c. of fresh diced Italian Parsley
1 T. lemon zest
 

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like pure heaven! I'll definitely try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starving and this post sent me over the edge. If only licking the screen would work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious and I can just imagine the delicious flavor.
    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love carbonara... and I have never had chicken carbonara! I must try this. Thanks, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia