Friday, February 08, 2013

Cornbread and Chili to Go



For this week’s Super Bowl party, I wanted to serve chili. However, I know those boys would fill up on chili and would want to eat it in front of the TV, of course. 


So I decided to fill some small half pint mason jars with chili about two thirds full.


 After the chili cooled, I froze the chili for this weekend but you can make this dish with warm chili.


After the chili was warmed up in the oven, I mixed up some corn bread and spooned it over top the chili. Put back in oven and bake at 350 degrees for another 15 to 20 minutes.



A cute party container of chili and cornbread for the boys. 


They loved their jars and did not fill up on too much chili, they did their damage on the entire part.

1 comment:

  1. Your chili with cornbread makes such a nice and practical presentation. I plan on trying it in the future. You have made me so hungry for chili and cornbread. I may have to make some even before I manage to get out and get some canning jars to cook it in!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia