Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Goal and Menu for Week Ending February 10th



After a weekend of the family home and taking care of a sick baby, we had a lovely weekend but I am so far behind. My little SuperBowl party was lovely and the boys had a dessert eating contest starting with my football brownies and let’s just say, they challenged each other to who could make the biggest and boldest dessert. At one point, there was a brownie stacked under a piece of apple pie and topped with ice cream, icing, sprinkles and chocolate sauce. Yuck!!
Although the festivities are great, I always feel like I am starting at square one. The house is a wreck, the laundry is piled up and my poor little blog is totally neglected. Teaching four college classes doesn’t help either… so here we are on Wednesday with my Monday post… I may be organized but I cannot stand up against the hurricane of three grown men, two dogs, a baby and a house full of friends, family and cooking food all weekend. Oh well, so where are we.
This week, I have to make my special Valentine’s treats.
 I am still working on the baby’s Easter outfit and hope to get those curtains hemmed and start on the bench cushion.
We have been stove hunting and researching. We found a restaurant quality stove but don't know if I want to do the modifications to the kitchen to make it work.  I have not finished meeting with the kitchen designer but hopefully will finish that step in the next two weeks.
Yard work has started on February first so I do have to work in the yard cleaning up. The front yard is first along with all the roses need to be trimmed. This weekend, I trimmed roses in the snow last Saturday. 

To Do:
1.    Start spring cleaning the kitchen, yes, even with a remodel, I am cleaning the kitchen.
2.    Polish the flatware.
3.    Sew the bench cushion
4.   Hem curtains
5.    Order new glass for kitchen table.
6.   Wash the dogs

Menu

Wednesday




 
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Cut up Vegetables

Thursday

Out with Family

Friday


 
Quiche Lorraine
Fruit Salad

Saturday



Chicken Cordon Bleu
Hasselback Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Sunday Brunch



 
Bacon, Onion and Leek Tart
Garden Salad with Spicy Pecans, Goat Cheese and Cranberries
Balsamic Vinagrette
Fruit Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia