Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine's Table



As I told you with hubby out of town, the family isn't celebrating Valentine's until Friday. So I have set a table to let them know how special I think they are to my.

Black and red set the tone... Start with black and white checked tablecloth.
 


  
Added roses in a silver bowl with some greenery.
 

Red plates with cute Valentine's accent plates.




I love the little crowns on them.
 

Red flatware

Add caption

Crystal glasses... champagne and water


Little apothecary jars with each one's favorite candy.

 



Candles for soft lighting...

These darling napkin rings with their cute floral motif, a recent find at World Market.


Menu:
Slow Cooker Roast Beef
Stacked Gruyere Potatoes
Heart Shaped Pasta Ravioli
Wedge Salad with red onion and bacon

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue
with Strawberries, Bananas, Rice Krispie Treats, Pound Cake, Pretzel Rods and Potato Chips


6 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,

    Your tablescape for Valentine's Day is gorgeous in traditional red/white! Your menu sounds delicious. Enjoy your Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination of the red and white check with the red roses. Beautiful table, one I would call casual but elegant.

    Carolyn/A Southerner's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous, Cynthia! I love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cynthia,

    I came across your blog and have been really impressed! I was actually searching on Google for sewing classes in Knoxville and this blog came up. My name is Laura and I am a grad student in Speech Pathology at UT, at least for another couple of months! Anyways, my best friend and solid rock is deploying to Afghanistan very soon and I am really looking for a hobby to keep my mind occupied for the next year. I took a sewing class in high school and LOVED it. I even bought my own sewing machine! Unfortunately, apartment/dorm living for the past 6 years kept me from being able to really use my machine and I now forgot how :-( So I am looking for someone who would be willing to do some private lessons just to teach my how to do some simple pattern projects and things of that nature so I can keep myself busy. I am absolutely willing to pay a good price for some one on one help on my sewing machine. Please email me at lhenley2@gmail.com if you might be interested. Hope you are having a good Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving, LOVING the tablescape with the black and white tablecloth! I would have never thought of it, but am pinning for NEXT year! Thank you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The napkin rings are stupendous! I must see if they are still available. Great tablecloth.. Hope your Valentine's was fabulous. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia