Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Dinner




The Easter table is a very special dinner at my home. 


Dignified and joyous, Easter is my very favorite holiday.  Pastels, crystal and silver with old family china. I love to set this dinner table and I love to share it with friends and family.

 

Silver trays are used as chargers, not one matches but they are lovely.



My great Aunt's china with all its wonderful colors that match my dining room and you cannot imagine the wonderful side dishes this china pattern has.... one day I must show you. For now, this is the teapot.


The Pottery Barn egg cloches


I will put surprise egg place cards under the cover, right now, I have a plastic egg in the cup.
 


 They are so pretty... 

I have this beautiful vintage cemetery basket. Wicker and filled with a tin liner. I love using it at Easter as it reminds us of the empty grave. I wanted the biggest peonies for the table. But sadly they are not in season. So I use a trick that lets me set a table well in advance.... silk flowers. I know but look how real they look? 

The  green hydragenas are almost the same color as the table.  Silk flowers get a bad wrap but they let you get flowers that are out of season and you can reuse them in many other arrangements. Also I can set the centerpiece several weeks in advance. I could never do that with real flowers. I will add real flowers for the brunch table.



I also added a big soft pink bow and my favorite chocolate bunny at the center. He looks real too but he is just in charge of the table.


My everyday silver, I actually throw it in the dishwasher.

 
Little bunnies dot the table.... on the butter plate.


Or on the napkin. ..


I didn't have enough bunnies so the boys are getting pewter rings... sad but true. 



This tablecloth is gorgeous and does set a wonderful base for the table.

 
 Now we need a big gorgeous ham, all the children, Easter hats, smocked baby outfits and some friends and family.... Ready for dinner 

 


18 comments:

  1. Your table is gorgeous! I, too, love decorating the table for Easter. I'll have to start thinking about that soon. And, your aunt's china is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cynthia! Your aunt's china is stunning, how luck you are to have that, and I absolutely love the silver trays as chargers. It all so stunning! Happy Easter,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is beautiful! Your family will feel loved and cared for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at smocked baby outfits!!! The china is gorgeous. How lucky for you to be the keeper of this treasure. I love the chargers too. I wish you a very happy Easter! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table, love those easter egg covers so pretty..of course I have to mention the china, it is so stunning and is right at home on your table...the baby bunnies are so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table...is that lovely china Noritake, by any chance? Using a filled cemetery basket as a centerpiece is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Lovely table for Easter Dinner. So delicate and pretty. Hope you have a wonderful family gathering for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table and the dishes are to die for. Everything is so perfect. Is the china Noritake? I have a pattern that is very close in Norotake.
    Have a wonderful Easter with your family and friends.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newest follower here! I found you though the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog. I look forward to reading more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't EVEN apologize for using faux flowers, girl! Are you kiddin' me??!?!?! First of all, these have a VERY realistic look to them. It's not like they look cheap and crazy. I never would have guessed them to be silks had you not shared that! Secondly, who the h-e-double hockey sticks has money to throw around like that on fresh flowers every time you do a tablescape when you're trying to raise children?!??! We're OLD empty nesters and don't have that kind of money! And last, it's all about the suggestion, the idea, the inspiration of the look. What you have created here is beautiful, and because of that you have certainly earned your moniker of "An Accomplished Woman".

    Enjoy your weekend, darling. You worked very hard to put this beautiful table together and share it with the world. I am certain you have inspired someone today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so pretty and my favorite element is your beautiful tablecloth. It just sets the tone for everything else.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely table, lucky you receiving the beautiful dishes. I'm going to guess they are Minton, but I've never seen the pattern, so pretty. Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but now I want to see the Minton dishes. It is Noritake Alicia.

      Thank you so much for your kind comments!!

      Cynthia

      Delete
  13. Your Easter table is gorgeous! I love the pretty pastels. I have a cemetery basket in the center of my table also. Visiting from Kathleen Cuisine. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. Would love if you shared some time!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your table! The china is beautiful! Do you know the name? Smocked baby dresses are one of my favorite things, too!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The china is Noritake Alicia. Noritake made two china patterns in the same name. This china is the older one.

      Delete
  15. Love all the soft colors, such a pretty table!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your lovely table with Share Your Cup. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but I don't see a link back to the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia