Monday, March 11, 2013

Goals and Week ending March 17th



Spring break is finally here and I have decided to spend it in the garden. Brushing off the potting shed, organizing pots, inventorying supplies and generally, getting started on the growing season. This week, I will fix some garden beds and rototill in some compost and nutrients. My herb bed really needs some TLC . Next week, I will plant lettuces, cabbage and spinach.




In four weeks, the tomatoes, etc. will be plated after the  threat of the last frost is over. That gives me three weeks to focus on the herb bed.


This week, I will also finish the baby's Easter outfit and can't wait to show you.

Given my garden duties and sewing planned, I am eating simple but delicious dinners that will make tremendous leftover.

Monday
 
 
Crunch Salad with toasted pecans, broccoli and leftover pork

 Tuesday





Peach Glazed Chicken Breast
Baked Potatoes
Garden Salad with goat cheese, cranberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette


Wednesday



Baked Chicken Tacos
Seven Layered dip with chips

Thursday

Out with family

Friday



Five Cheese Penne with a Buttered Crust
Garlic Baguette
Cesar Salad
Creme Brûlée

Saturday

 


Greek Kabobs with Tzatsiki Sauce
Steak Fries

Sunday Brunch





Spinach Frittata
Hash Browns
Cinnamon Rolls

3 comments:

  1. I will be heading outside in just a bit, too. I spent the weekend setting up my first compost bin and cleaning out the raised beds and backyard garden bed. This week is the fun part...the planting. Have a wonderful week. Your meals have me hungry and I don't the cereal I just had is going to satisfy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I just live vicariously through you. Ok, who am I kidding. I just want to be you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia