Monday, April 22, 2013

Goals and Menu Week Ending April 28th




This week, I am finishing up the garden. The garden beds are repaired and I will show them to you later this week. All the flower beds need another weeding but the weather has been so nice, spring cleaning has begun. I am in the process of stripping beds, washing windows, furniture and wood work.

I spent the better part of last week in kitchen planning. We have chosen cabinets, I think. But I have a door at the house to live with. The morning sun streams into the kitchen for a good 6 to 8 hours and I want to make sure the cabinets are the right choice. My next choices are counter-top and back splash. It is exciting to plan a major remodel but also terrifying.

The other project this week was fabric and wallpaper hunting for my daughter's nursery. That is so much more fun than gardening and kitchen planning. She is 19 weeks but finishing her masters, starting a new job in June and leaving to complete her two week Navy Reserve requirements in Bahrain this May. She is making the decisions so her dear hubby and I can finish the major renovation before she gets back. We are also having the Gender Reveal party in two weeks so very exciting times here.... I will show you the party next week.

Two weeks of teaching left... I am looking forward to completing this semester. The summer calls me... afternoons by the pool, cook outs, construction, canning, grilling, weeding, playing, reading, baking, scrubbing, sewing and all sorts of fun projects. I love teaching but at some point in the year, the students are ready to finish and so am I.

What are you looking forward to this summer?


Monday

 



 
Orzo Pasta Salad

 Tuesday






Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese
Baked Potato
Garden Salad


Wednesday

 


Asparagus Cheese Tart
Tomato and Basil Caprese Salad

Thursday

Out with family

Friday





Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
Hasselback Potatoes
Braised Carrots

Fig Cookies

Saturday - Girls' Night





Crab Salad Stuffed in a Tomato
Brownies with Salted Caramel

Sunday Brunch





Egg and Ham Crepes
Breakfast Potatoes
Pumpkin Muffies

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! You have so much going on but you always make it sound easy. Decorating that nursery is so much fun. Don't you remember doing that...years ago? I loved it!

    Your menu looks wonderful. Can't wait to see what you choose for your kitchen. You'll have to have a nice big cookie jar for your grandbabies to pick from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia