Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Pottery Barn Inspired Toy Box




With grandchildren on their way, I decided that we needed a place to store all the toys and books. The criteria needed to be a classic design that the children can easily access at Grandma's house. I saved all the toys from my children's and hoped that the grandchildren will play with the same toys their parents played with as children. 





This Pottery Barn toy box fit the bill of a classic design which not only would allow the children to easily access their toys and once they were done with toys, it would make a perfect closet organizer; for handbags, sweaters, etc. However, each layer was $199, way too expensive. 

 

   
I knew that my talented son-in-law could build a beautiful toy box after I designed it for him. He did a beautiful job. Built with premium plywood, sanded and painted, it is a wonderful place to hold the toys. 



Two bins on the lower layer can hold boxes of blocks, cars, trains, or any other small items.  Small toys can fit on the top and he can see them easily.
My little grandson stands in front of the toy box and tries to decide which one to play with first.  




My little grandson stands in front of the toy box and tries to decide which one to play with first. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia