Monday, May 20, 2013

Goals and Menu Week Ending May 26th




After a week of internet problems.... I'm back.

This week is the "nursery" week. Painting, wallpapering and trim molding installed. With my daughter in the Middle East, the bones of the nursery will be done when she gets home. New curtains, rods, light fixtures and closet doors will be installed. The last piece of the room will be carpet. She has picked it out but wants to double check her choice. When she gets home, the fun can begin; furniture, fabric and a chair to reupholster. All the accessory choices for the nursery will be the most fun. 

I am currently packing up my kitchen and figuring out a place to make a small make-shift kitchen. We have a wetbar in the basement so that looks like the spot for a kitchen. The final decisions will be made and things are progressing rather quickly to demolition.





Meanwhile, back at my home, I am pressure washing my way through the winter dirt. I absolutely love pressure washing. So satisfying to see the results of my efforts. The garden will be mulched and I will start planting annuals.

Lastly, I have been baking and freezing in anticipation of the kitchen remodel. During the dog days of summer and no kitchen, I will miss backing. I am filling up the freezer with Fourth of July cupcakes, cookies, pies and several cakes.

This week's menu is all about things I love to cook.

Monday

 

White Truffle Pasta
Cesar Salad
Homemade Foccacia

Tuesday



Lemon Souffle
Garden Salad

Wednesday



Strawberry Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Potatoes
Asparagus with Lemon Butter Sauce


Thursday

Out with family

Friday



Hamburger Bar:
Several types of cheeses
Caramelized Onions
Bacon
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Avocado
Pickles
Cucumber


Saturday






Crab Boil
Sugar Cookies
Assorted Crisps in canning jars


Sunday



Grilled Steaks with Mushrooms
Twice Baked Potatoes
Iceberg Wedge Salad

1 comment:

  1. You have major projects going on. I'm sure with all the planning you do it will come off without a hitch. Hope your kitchen goes in the timely manner it is supposed to.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia