Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Goals and Week Ending May 12th



Whew, what a week. IT’S A BOY!!!! My daughter and son-in-law are expecting a boy. Gavin Duke… a big name for a little boy. I will be sewing boy clothes all summer! How exciting.  I will add some fun party pictures this weekend. 

We love boys... the sparkle in their eyes.. My grandson will have a little partner in crime!!



My classes have ended and the students still have their finals but thank goodness, my lectures are over. Next semester, I am teaching three to four classes. I typically take off the month of May and June, buckle down after the fourth of July and prep classes for the year. This year, I am going to buckle down in May and June, take off July and August. I am teaching a summer class in July but that will be a piece of cake. 

The kitchen remodel has a start date of June 1st and I am still working on counter tops, backsplash and sink. But with a new grandson coming, May is devoted to finishing the nursery. My daughter leaves for the middle east, for Navy Reserve duty this week, so wallpaper will be ordered. I hope to finish painting and wallpapering in the next three weeks while she is gone. Her hubby will put up crown molding and chair rail. She has all her furniture but it needs some painting. 


So this week’s menu is a weird menu. Monday through Wednesday is light and easy. Thursday, my daughter graduates with her masters. Friday and Saturday are all boy meals, while we open the pool. And to top off the week, Sunday is Mother’s Day. Very frenetic!!

Monday








Soft Shelled Tacos
Refried Beans topped with Monterrey Jack
Spanish Rice

Tuesday

 


 

Pizza Margharita
Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Wednesday  



 

Club Sandwich
Pasta Salad

Thursday 

Graduation dinner with the family

 Friday 



 


Roast Beef with Mustard Sauce
Baked Spinach Gruyere
Garden Salad
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

 Saturday 

 


 


Smoked Pork Butt Sandwiches
Boston Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Homemade Potato Chips

Sunday Brunch



 

French Crepe Bar
Apples and Brie Crepes
Ham and Swiss Crepes
Nutella Crepes
Butter and Sugar Crepes
Strawberry Crepes

Hashbrown Egg Cups


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia