Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lemon Bars Delivered




Every three or four months, I am tasked with baking items for visitors at the church. There is a huge group of volunteers that either take or bake items for visitors. Such a wonderful ministry.

We are tasked with making either cookies or breads. I always try to make something a little unusual for the visitors that will be mouthwatering.




I love to find some very pretty but practical packaging for the baked good. After I used these boxes for leftovers at Thanksgiving but I thought they would be perfect for the lemon bars.

Gingham wax paper….


With simple white ric rack


I added a sweet yellow flower to the top. I know they are getting delivered today so no need to worry about the flower holding up.


I hope the visitor knows how special they are to the church!!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute and thoughtful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea and the packaging is adorable! I wish I could attend your church. The last church I visited, not a single person spoke and the Minister left the pulpit just as things were getting started. He did return and conducted the sermon. However, during the invitation he was checking his cell phone! Needless to say, I have not returned.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Do you mind sharing where you found the gingham waxed paper?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia