Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kitchen Remodel Update - Part 1




As many of you know, we are in the process of a kitchen remodel. This last week, my son, my son-in-law and I really took the kitchen apart. 



 The scaffolding was installed to remove this window.





We removed a window to make way for new cabinets. So scary to see a hole in your house.
 






The window was framed out and insulated. 



 



Cedar shingles were put on the exterior. 



Yesterday, they were painted and look beautiful with the house. 


The wall is going to be removed today and a contractor is putting in a new beam. 



The cabinets have been emptied and some of them have been removed. 




My lovely banquette is sitting on it's side in the dining room. We are installing new flooring in the old kitchen and new dry wall on the ceiling. It is going to be a messy two weeks.


 
I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I used my iPhone and for some reason they look terrible.



1 comment:

  1. That looks kind of terrifying to me! Are you having this work done or doing it yourselves? Without a doubt it will be gorgeous but what a job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia