Thursday, August 01, 2013

Ahoy it’s a Boy!! Baby Shower




My dear friend and her daughter gave my lovely daughter a wonderful baby shower that was absolutely beautiful. My friend enlisted my help and given the fact that I was out of entertaining commission for two months, I was happy to help. 
 


Gavin, the baby, will be so happy with his new sign that stood over the table.
Start with a fun buoy door marker, that was used later as a photo prop. So cute and fun. 




The shower was at a former seafood restaurant complete with a beautiful lighthouse. I made this lighthouse for the table and left it with the kind ladies that run the new venue. What do I need with a lighthouse? But it was so easy to make out of terra cotta pots that I glued and painted. 




Mary made some very cute “sailor” themed cookies




And had this beautiful cake made. 


 


We put it on a ship's wheel as a cake plate. 




Fruit and spinach salad were on the menu, along with chicken salad sandwiches. 





She also made these lovely buoys out of marshmallows dipped in chocolate… how clever. 



The drink table included my boat filled with water 

 


and the cute straws my friend made. 




Centerpieces were very nautical themed. So pretty. 



We decided to bring my dishes, you know that I had enough.
And I made these cute napkins, that I folded into sailboats. 



The favors were adorable treasure chests filled with chocolate coins. 



The hostess and my daughter at the photo wall. 


One of the guests with my daughter. Such a fun time. 





 



4 comments:

  1. How adorable! What a cute shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative baby shower! The cake and cookies are so darling. Love your ship napkins and place settings! Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shower and how fun! Everything looks so good to eat and the decorations were terrific. So glad that everyone had a grand time.
    Congratulations grandma.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia