Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The New Kitchen ( Part 1)




When I dreamed of my new kitchen, I dreamed of a kitchen that would be both beautiful and very functional. I spent two or three years thinking about how I would use and entertain in the kitchen.


The first step was to remove the wall between the study and the kitchen. The space was needed.



 As it was a load bearing wall, we hired a contractor to tackle this project. We also hired a professional electrician. The two projects I knew we couldn't do on our own. But the rest of the kitchen was our project.


 

Next we matched the floors. 

Removing 7 old layers of flooring in the kitchen.



We laid new Red Oak flooring and matched it up to the existing red oak.



Hung Dry Wall


Sanded


Carefully vacuumed and tack clothed the floor to remove all debris. My children love me and my cooking very much to do this for me.


Three coats of polyurethane….

We have a blank slate to start putting the kitchen back.


Imagine at this point, I have every thing from my kitchen in the dining room and living room; all the food, cookware, dishwasher, refrigerator and double oven.


Tomorrow we will show the pictures of putting the kitchen back together.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more. Love that you family helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite an "accomplishment!!" I can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia