Monday, September 23, 2013

Goals and Menu Week Ending September 29th




The New Grandbaby is here!!! He is beautiful and you have to forgive my absence.... with helping my daughter and the baby, I have been too tied up with him to think about blogging. But time to get back to reality and planning for the fall. 

Gavin Duke
8 lbs 8 oz. 



So onto the fall clean-up. First, this week, I am trimming all the overgrown bushes. I have ordered perennials for the next year; foxgloves, phlox, holly hocks and delphiniums. I am adding more alliums, lavender and peonies. Fall is the busiest time in the garden and when these plants hit the house, I will be in the flower beds all day planting them.

Five garden beds are getting replaced and we are going to raise them even taller to prevent Bermuda grass.... my enemy, from entering the beds and to make it easier to weed. We will have to bring a truck load of dirt in but I love getting dirty so that will be so much fun.. back breaking but so much fun.


This week, three closets are getting cleaned out for the fall. Purged of unused items and set right for winter clothes. T-shirts, exercise clothes and shoes will be replaced as summer is always hardest on those clothes. Out with anything that looks stained, frayed or old. I will also start making a list of items that I need next spring so we will stay on track.

Lastly, I have started cooking for the freezer. This last week, I made a huge batch of marinara sauce, rigatoni and stuffed shells. We are in tailgate and fall food mode.



What are you up to this week?

Monday




Italian Rigatoni
Cesar Salad
Garlic Bread Sticks


Tuesday


Fire Roasted Tomato Bisque
Gruyere Grilled Cheese
Garden Salad



Wednesday



Peach and Pecan Chicken Salad
Peppered Biscuits



Thursday

Out to dinner with Family


Friday




Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Crust
Iceberg Wedge Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing


Saturday -- Tailgate Food:


 

Red Beans and Rice
Cocktail Weenies wrapped in Crescent Rolls
Biscuits with Maple Ham
BLT Lettuce Cups
Decadent Turtle Brownies


Sunday Brunch



Belgian Waffles Bar
with Strawberries, Maple Syrup Pecans and Chicken
Sausage Patties

6 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations on a beautiful and healthy grandbaby! They put all your other projects to shame : )

    I am glad I am not the only one who must fight bermuda grass all year long. This year it finally made its way up the insides of my raised beds. I took all the soil out, laid new layers of newspaper, and refilled the beds with and extra couple layers of leaf mulch sandwiched under the soil. Gardening would be a breeze if it weren't for that stupid stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Grandson! Love his name too! Wow you have a lot on your list! I'm purging my closets too and have one large Goodwill bag started. The Italian Rigatoni looks so good. I haven't made anything like that in months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful grandson. He sure is a cutie.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Gavin is a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious precious Baby! Congrats!!!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new grandson! What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia